Friday, August 31, 2012

Good luck keeping those viruses away from your little ones!!

Only the first week of school and my son has already been out sick!! I can't believe what bad luck he has catching viruses. Some people would probably think he just doesn't want to go to school, but I don't know alot of kids who like to go to school. I might would say that was  true if I hadn't been around him and see his swollen red eyes, feel his fever, hear him in the bathroom 15 times a day, and watch him lay in the bed in pain. These symptoms have also spread to other people he is in contact with, including me and his dad!

You can take precautions to prevent the spread of germs, but that doesn't always seem to work. I have a can of lysol and hand sanitizer in every room in the house and in my van, but what about at school? Do kids wash their hands before they eat? Do they wash their hands after they go to the bathroom and then touch the door after someone who didn't wash their hands and then come home with a stomach bug? Do they cover their mouth with their hand when they cough and then touch something or someone and then that person ends up with a cold? Do they bring a water bottle or do they drink out of a water faucet and accidently touch the spout with their mouth and come home with mono? These are all things to think about. Make sure you kids have a personal bottle of hand sanitizer to take with them everywhere! Also teach them to cough into a tissue, and to use a paper towel to turn off the sink faucet and to open the door with. Most importantly, "If your child has a fever, PLEASE keep them at home!" Even if your kids practice these important precations, that doesn't mean that the other kids do!!

I am really hoping that my son is over this by the weekend and ready to start a new week at school.  If he catches anything else this year I am seriously thinking about putting him in a bubble!! Just like Bubble Boy!! Please pray for my son to stay healthy and Good luck keeping your little ones well!

No comments:

Post a Comment